A few weeks ago I had a bit of a clear out/re-jig of my wardrobe, which I must say was rather liberating and has subsequently resulted in me setting up a Thinking Chap profile on eBay. The page will include items from my own personal menswear collection that have come to be more figure hugging than they once were. A consequence of age and over-indulgence I’m afraid. In addition to this, there will also be a selection of new ticketed items up for grabs.
I’ll be posting regular updates on the blog with certain of items up for sale on here before going to eBay auction. So if you see something you like, then feel free to drop me an email to request further pictures, ask questions on sizings, or just go right ahead and make me an offer: firstname.lastname@example.org
Below is a selection of the stuff I’ve currently got for sale:
1. The Superior Labor – Navy Casquette Hat (Navy). A soft brimmed baker style hat in Navy 100% cotton with a natural cotton lining and leather trim on the under side of the peak. This item is new, ticketed and never been worn. It was bought from the Bureau in this seasons summer sale, but unfortunately it just doesn’t look right on my bonce. Made in Japan and of exceptional quality as you would expect from Superior Labor. Sizing: One size fits all.
Retailed: £85.00 Asking Price: £40.00 Please note, this item will not be uploaded onto eBay auction until Sunday 9th August at around 8:00pm, so if you want avoid all that bidding carry on, then get in touch before then.
2. Lacoste Live Reverse Fabric Stripe Jersey Polo. An overall printed horizontal stripe design in white and red with the t shirt constructed using the reverse side of the fabric. A ribbed polo collar in white and short sleeves. The signature embroidered Lacoste Crocodile logo badge is on the left of the chest in white, green, red, and black and the signature Lacoste Live woven tag is sewn into the bottom of the right side seam in navy, white and red. 100% Cotton. Never been worn, new and ticketed. Slim Fitting – 40 inch chest.
Retailed: £75.00 Asking Price: £25.00 – NOW SOLD (Just as I published this post, which was always going to happen)
3. Universal Works – Spring/Summer 2010 – Red Jersey Sweatshirt (Size: Medium): Red Jersey sweatshirt from Universal Works featuring a ribbed waistband hem and cuffs, stitched back neck crescent and maroon elbow patches. It’s quite a lightweight jersey constructed from a cotton/polyester mix. This medium fits a 38 to 40inch chest and is slim fitting. Only worn a handful of times.
Retailed: £65.00. Asking Price £15.00 to £20.00 (currently on eBay)
4. Paul Smith Jeans Sweatshirt – Autumn/Winter 2010 (Size XL): 100% grey cotton sweat featuring allover ‘munsell’ blue (bluey-green) pattern. There is also a vertical stitch down the centre of the back of the sweat leading to the waistband hem. This is an size XL, but it’s very slim fitting. This fits a regular medium, or medium to large / 38 to 40 inch chest.
Retailed: £105.00 Asking Price: £25.00 (currently on eBay)
5. Our Legacy – Flannel Checked Shirt – 100% Heavy Cotton – AW10 Season (Size: M)
A great shirt from Our Legacy autumn/winter 2010. Manufactured from heavy flannel 100% cotton with a grey, brown and red plaid design. The shirt features a high button down collar, similar to what you would find on Gitman Vintage shirts. All buttons are mother of pearl and the shirt has a single pleat to the rear. A fine investment for the coming autumn months.
It’s a standard fit medium (38 to 40 inch chest) and has only been worn a dozen times.
Retailed: £119.95 Asking Price £40.00. Please note, this item will not be uploaded onto ebay auction until Monday 10th August at around 8:00pm.
Payment Terms: Payment via PayPal as a gift (i.e. you pay the PayPal charges). Shipping throughout the UK will be £3.50, and Europe will be £5.00 for all items featured in this post. For shipping costs outside Europe, please email me at: email@example.com in the first instance. Paypal address is: firstname.lastname@example.org
Returns: Just like Ebay, there will be no returns, so make sure you ask me questions you may have about the products upfront prior to purchase.
Items are available on a first come, first serve basis. When they’re gone, they’re gone.
Contact me: Pete @ email@example.com